This coming Sunday, the Fabulous Running Divas will be having an LSD starting from Silang Bayan at around 5 a.m. Covering the Cardiac Route and totaling 35K approx., this preparatory race for Condura Skyway Marathon the following Sunday will serve as last long run for those who still need some added mileage. For those in the taper mode or not comfortable with running 35K, an alternative 22K run can be run instead. They will simply take a u-turn around the Wedge Wood subdivision area.
There will be two designated meet-up points:
- Jollibee-EDSA Guadalupe – for those coming from the Metro Manila area. Meet-up time is from 3 a.m. till departure time at 3:15 a.m. Contact person is Mader Rikki.
- 7-11 Imus, beside the Lumina Mall, for those coming from the Cavite area. Departure time is 4 a.m. so be sure to come ahead of time. Contact person will be Noel Diaz and Allan del Monte.
Things to Bring
- Hydration and food supplementation.
- Extra money for transportation, hydration, nutrition needs and other necessities as they arise along the route.
- Mobile phone with enough load to call.
- First aid kit.
- Rain protection and extra clothes in case it rains.
- Camera to preserve memories.
- Though not necessary as a 5 a.m. gunstart and first few Ks along well lighted roads, bring headlamps just in case.
- Reflectorized wear or accessories.
- A lot of goodwill.
NOTE: Make sure you are trained for the distance. If not, don’t fret, the FRD will take care of you. Just inform us of the longest distance you are comfortable covering.
The route will take the runners to Brgy. Tibig and the 3K Cardiac Road after that. This will lead us to Spine Road or the Nuvali Blvd. Brgy. Kagawad right after will lead us to Brgy Sto. Domingo until Brgy. Hukay. From there we will turn right leading to Munting Ilog and eventually to Silang Bayan.
Photo Credit: Marky Caratao
Here are some pictures of the route as taken by the Race Master Alyna Bejoc who scouted the route ahead of time.
The bird’s eyeview of the route.
Rough and Tough
First there is the rough.
There is also the tough.
22K U-turn at Wedge Wood
35K U-turn at Nuvali
The Diva Pacers
Get acquainted with these “beauties” as they will be the ones to assist you on the road and somewhere else (?).
Presenting Your Latak Assistance Team