WHAT: 1st Camarines Norte Challenge
WHEN: April 19, 2014
WHERE: Bagasbas Beach Resort, Daet, Camarines Norte
DISTANCES: 5K, 21K and 50K
NOTE: This event is postponed until further notice!!!
Presented By: The Provincial Government of Camarines Norte
Event Organizer: Rookie Shots Ien Edgar
Race Director: Elmar Bob Tolete
Many ultramarathoners prefer destination races in order to combine not only running but also touring the countryside. Afterall it is where all the refreshing sceneries, not to mention the fresh air, can be found. Veteran runners that all ultramarathoners are would prefer the countryside over the congested and polluted metro anytime.
Through Bank Deposit
- Deposit the registration fee at the bank account given below.
Bank: BDO Bank
Savings Acct. No.: 6430041513
Acct. Name: Libya V. Lovendino
- Send a photographed copy of the deposit slip and reg form to email add. email@example.com
- Bring the said copy of the deposit slip at the starting area on race day.
100 Miles Café every Saturday and Sunday from 4 PM to 8 PM
Registration and Waiver Form Here
Registration & waiver form
- A promo of 10+1 can be availed for all categories.
- An easy payment plan scheme of zero interest and 3 months to pay is also available for all bankard users.
- Also all registrants can avail the 2days and 1 night Calaguas Island tour at very affordable rate of Php2, 800 all in.
- Ultramarathon Finisher’s Tech. Shirts with a back print of “I Survived Camarines Norte!” and exclusive design Finisher’s Medal will be given to all 50K finishers.
- Half Marathon Finishers will likewise receive Finisher’s Tech Shirt and Medal.
- Both 50K and 21K runners can take part in the beach party and dinner buffet at the Bagasbas Beach Resort.
- Singlets will be given to 5K participants
NOTE: 5K runners who would want to join the after race party and dinner buffet must pay a corresponding fee of P300.
Route and Cut-off Times
Assembly Time and Gun Start
Cash Prizes for Winners
Awards Night will be from 4 PM onward at Bagasbas Beach Resort.
Rules and Regulations
- Maintain the INTEGRITY OF THE RACE. Runners and their respective support crew/teammate are “DEPUTIZED” to act as a marshal and to report any infraction of the rules and regulations of this event to the Race Director, if found and proven guilty, the runner who committed the infraction will be immediately disqualified.
- All Runners must stay on the farthest left side of the road.
- All runners will be on SINGLE FILE while running or walking on the FARTHEST LEFT SIDE of the route
- Runners must ALWAYS carry with themselves a hydration bottle or belt.
- Runners BID NUMBER should be VISIBLE on the front portion of the body/apparels.
- MANDATORY Headlight/ hand held flashlight and Reflector Vest. Should be wear all throughout the night run. Cellphone flashlight and blinker lights are NOT Considered as personal lighting system.
- All runners must have support vehicles; however, 2-3 runners can share a single support vehicle.
- Each runner must have a FIRST AID KIT in his/her respective support vehicles.
- Only FOUR WHEEL VEHICLES are allowed as SUPPORT VEHICLES. Two wheels like bicycles or motorcycles are NOT ALLOWED. “Spotters” are NOT ALLOWED, Runner’s using a “spotter” will be DISQUALIFIED
- Support Vehicles should NOT SHADOW their runner on any time of the race period. MUST NOT LEAP FROG their respective runners. It is the responsibility of the registered runner to advise the support vehicle and crew about the rules and regulation.
- Support Vehicles SHOULD PARK on the RIGHT SHOULDER of the road while waiting for the runners, RUNNER’s Support Vehicle Park on the LEFT SIDE will be automatically DISQUALIFIED.
- Runners are NOT ALLOWED to enter their support vehicles to sit, rest, sleep, or change their running outfit.
- The Cut-Off times will be strictly enforced for all categories. Intermediate checkpoint for 50km will be use.
- In case of emergencies/ violation of the rules, runners/support crew must be able to contact the race director at mobile number #0999-9937325. State your name, race bib, location, and nature of emergencies or violation.
- In case of DNF (did not finish), immediately send report to Race Director (#0999-9937325) indicate the Name, Race bid#, Km# location and reason why stopped, and if the runners need immediate medical attention.
Calaguas Tour Packages
- CALAGUAS ADVENTURE TOUR at P2800– The jampacked package! This is the Calaguas experience filled with activities! Bask in the sun with our FREE use of skimboard, Frisbee, volleyball and KAYAK. You can also try snorkeling, trekking or have fun with beach games facilitated by our staff. We top this off with our Photographer on board to capture moments upon your request. Ending the night, entertainment is on us with our Acoustic Party by our local performers and occasional fire dancers but we don’t end there. After returning to Daet, we will treat you with a mini town tour and Pasalubong Shopping and a chance to try Surfing in Bagasbas Beach. If you’re up for an adventure, this is it!Inclusions: Air-conditioned van transfers (Daet – Vinzons Port – Bagasbas Beach -Bus Terminal) Buffet Meals in Calaguas and Plated Lunch at Bagasbas Beach, Use of Tourist Boat, Coleman Tent Accommodation, Entrance and Environmental Fees, Free use of Beach Sports Materials (Snorkel, Frisbee, Skimboard, Kayak, Volleyball) Facilitator for Beach Games and Guide for Trekking / Snorkeling, DOT Trained Tour Guide, Complimentary Wine, Acoustic Entertainment at Night and Souvenir Baller.
Day 1 6am Assembly/Air-conditioned Van Pick up in Jollibee Daet / Calaguas Grill 7am Proceed to Private Vinzons Port / Take off for Calaguas Adventure 10am Arrival in Calaguas Avail FREE USE of Kayak, Frisbee, Skimboard, Volleyball, Snorkeling Gears, etc 12noon Lunch Continuation of Activities 7pm Dinner 9pm Acoustic Party
Day 2 6am Breakfast 7am Trekking (optional P20 own pax account) 9am Break Camp Take-Off Calaguas/ Back to Daet 11am Arrival in Daet with mini-town tours Visit Pasalubong Shops, First Rizal Monument, Bulawan Museum 12:00 Lunch in Bagasbas Beach for Surfing (optional) P200/surf board rental / P200 surf instructor) 6:00pm Send off to Terminal.
- CALAGUAS ECO VILLAGE at P2800 – If you want an adventure in Calaguas with all the comforts of town or city life, we recommend this package! Our Eco Village has resort type accommodations and hotel service aside from 24-hour standby generators, running water and clean comfort rooms guaranteed to give you that “home away from home” feel.Inclusions: Meals, Tourist boat ride, Kubol or Cabana accommodation, entrance and environmental Fees, Guide.
Day 1 6am Assembly/Meet up in Vinzons Port 7am Take Off to Calaguas 10am Arrival in Calaguas / Free Time 12noon Lunch 7pm Dinner
Day 2 6am Breakfast 9am Take-Off Calaguas/ Back to Vinzons Port 11am Arrival in Daet.