What is Jr. NBA and Jr. WNBA?
Jr. NBA and Jr. WNBA are the league’s international youth development programs that promote basketball participation, sportsmanship and teamwork, and an active lifestyle among children.
It’s Philippine Presentation
Presented by Alaska, this years edition has expanded to include for the very first time after its seventh consecutive year here in our country, the Jr. WNBA program. This will open the same international training and opportunity for the girls which had been accorded the boys.
The 2014 Philippine schedule includes school clinics as well as coaching seminars in the metro and the major cities in the countryside, in the lead up to Regional Selection Camps in each of these cities and concludes in the Metro Manila National Training Camp.
More than 80,000 students, parents and coaches will benefit through various activities including camps and clinics, NBA Cares outreach activities, television programs and digital initiatives.
Who Can Participate
- Players between 10 and 14 years old
- Free of charge
Provincial Cities to be Visited
- Cebu City – Phoenix Petroleum
- Puerto Princesa City – Techniques in Playing Scientific (TIPS) Basketball Training Center
- Surigao – Jumpstop Basketball Academy
- Iloilo City – Iloilo City Government
- Dagupan City – Dagupan City Government
The Schedule of Activities – The Four Stages
Stage 1 – Touring Clinics for Coaches and Players (January – February)
- January 18 – Tip off with a Coaches Clinic after some media presentation (held at British School-Philippines, BGC)
- January 19 – School Clinic before getting on tour
- After January 19 until sometime March will be dedicated to Tour Clinics
Stage 2 – Regional Selection Camps (March – April)
- Regional Selection Camps will be held to determine the Top 50 boys and Top 24 girls.
- They will be accorded the opportunity to participate in the National Training Camp in Manila
Stage 3 – National Training Camp in Metro Manila (April 25-27)
- This will culminate with the selection of 10 Jr. NBA and 4 Jr. WNBA All-Stars
- They will have the privilege of experiencing the unique NBA experience.
Stage 4 – NBA Experience (later in the year)
Search for the 2014 Jr. NBA and Jr. WNBA Coach of the Year
This will begin on January 18 in Manila. NBA Asia’s Senior Director of Basketball, Sefu Bernard, will serve as the camp director and will oversee the Coach of the Year Operations program, along with:
- Local coaches selected by the NBA
- Coaches of the Alaska Power Camp led by PBA Legend Jojo Lastimosa
10 Jr. NBA and 4 Jr. WNBA Coach of the Year finalists will be selected to participate in the National Training Camp under Jr. NBA Coaches to enhance their coaching skills.
The Coach of the Year award winners will be announced at the National Training Camp in Manila, which will also be attended by an NBA Legend and WNBA Player/Legend, and feature NBA Cares community outreach.
For More Information
Contact Persons for Media
+852 6772 8911
Larc & Asset PR
+632 929 4726