WHAT: SIERRA FIVE.TEN. FIFTY
WHEN: February 23, 2014
WHERE: Tanay, Rizal
DISTANCES: 50K Relay Race
Presented By: Running Atom and Running Free Manila
Event Organizer: Rundezvous, Inc.
For More Info: Sierra 51050 Facebook Page
Tel. No. (02)636-2847/0915-803-0224 Look for Abet Ocampo
Email Add. Teamrundezvous@gmail.com
My team, The Fabulous Running Divas, was conceptualized in an attempt to join Epic Relay which was a 250K relay race composed of 10 runners each team. Our lineup was complete but the intricacy of forming a new team, with members not all familiar with each other, just for this purpose deemed the plan failure destined. The team remained but the sole purpose it was created in the first place did not happen.
Sierra 51050 is a shorter but more trail terrain infused team relay race than Epic Relay. Like most relay races, it “calls for strategy and endurance. Set in the scenic roads and the rolling hills of Tanay, Rizal, it aims to strengthen team unity and friendly competition among teams. The teams are encouraged to don their uniforms that will make them stand out during the race.”
Déjà vu isn’t it for the FRDs founding members?
The Rules of the Game
Sierra 51050 is a UNIQUE team race. Instead of simply passing the baton from runner to runner, starting Km 10, Runners 1 and 2 will run together. By Km 20, Runner 1 finishes while Runners 2 and 3 will run together. By Km 30, Runner 2 finishes his/her leg and Runner 4 will join Runners 3. By Km 40, Runner 3 finishes; Runner 5 will finally join Runner 4.
- Runner 1 will run Km 0-20 (20 kms)
- Runner 2 will run Km 10-30 (20 kms)
- Runner 3 will run Km 20-40 (20 kms)
- Runner 4 will run Km 30-50 (20 kms)
- Runner 5 will run Km 40-50 (10 kms)
As per the mechanics of the race, Runners 4 and 5 will cross the finish line.
- Go online and register your team: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1m0CEx6xmlzqUPG3Y8LgQNyBoraK1W1KOgr7pvygJvZE/viewform
- Deposit thru BPI Savings Account 4949 6250 74 (under Mark Anthony Terrado) and email firstname.lastname@example.org. Rundezvous, Inc. will contact the team via email or SMS to acknowledge receipt of payment.
- Download the Team Waiver from the Sierra 51050 Facebook page.
There will be a Team Leads Orientation on February 13, 2014, 7-9pm at Escalades, 20th Avenue Cubao, Quezon City. Race kits will be made available in the orientation after receipt of the signed team waiver.
Interested teams may visit:
- Sierra 51050 Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SierraFiveTenFifty or
- Rundezvous, Inc. Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/RundezvousInc
Route Map and Elevation Profile
Assembly Time and Gun Start
Prizes for Winners
- The teams are encouraged to don their uniforms that will make them stand out during the race.
- A team is recommended to bring a support vehicle throughout the race. With the challenging terrain in Tanay, a runner is recommended to be comfortable covering a minimum of 10 kilometers.
- Teams are not limited to registering just one entry but they can register as many teams as they can form!
- A set of frequently asked questions is available for download in the Facebook page.