WHAT: Safeguard 5150 Triathlon
WHEN: October 6, 2013
WHERE: Kamana Sanctuary Resort and Spa
Nabasan Beach Illanin Forest, West District, Subic Bay
EXPO VENUE: Subic Bay Exhibition and Convention Center
DISTANCES: 1.5K Swim, 40K Bike and 10K Run
FOR MORE INFO: www.5150philippines.com/safeguard
Registration is until September 20 or until the provided slots get filled out, which ever comes first.
Registration Fee and Inclusions
Some Important Things to Take Note of:
- Race Pack Distribution – Race pack collection activity will be specified later.
- Finisher’s shirt, medal and meal will be given after the race provided the triathlete finishes within the given cut off time.
- Refund Policy
- 80% of the registration fee may be refunded until June 30, 2013.
- A 50% refund will be given from August 1 to September 15, 2013.
- No more refunds are to be given/processed beyond September 15, 2013.
Age Requirement and Age Group Classification
Age Limit: 15 years old by December 31, 2013
Age Grouping: This event will follow the standard 5 year age groups (based on age by December 31, 2013): 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, etc.
Race Day Details
Gun Start and Cut-Off Times
Format Details, Hydration and Drafting Rules
- Swim Start Format – Participants will start from the shore and will be released according to pre-determined waves and times.
- Transition Format – There will be only one transition area for both post-swim and post-bike legs. This will be within the premises of the Kamana Sanctuary Resort and Spa.
- Drafting Rule – This is a non-drafting race. Drafting marshals will be deployed to monitor and enforce the drafting rules. To know more about the drafting regulations please visit the rules section of the event website.
- There will be hydration stations in all legs of the event. Hydration stations will be strategically placed to provide athletes, with Gatorade, water, and other items.
Schedul of Activities
Race Map Details
- FinisherPix is the Official Photo Service of the 5150.com.
- Finisher Pix will have several photographers working at the swim exit, on the bike course, on the run course and at the Finish Line!
- FinisherPix will have photographers positioned after the finish line where you can have a photo taken after you receive your medal.
What do I need to do to make sure that FinisherPix can take my photo?
- Register your e-mail address at www.finisherpix.com to be notified as soon as photos are online.
- Please be sure you have your number visible on the FRONT of your bike helmet so we can identify your cycling photos.
- Please be sure to keep your bib number visible on the FRONT of your body during the run & at the finish line so we can identify your photos.
Hotel Resevation, Withdrawal and Refund Policy Details
- Partner Hotel – the Kamana Sanctuary Resort and Spa
- Hotel bookings is available at the website’s Registration tab
Hotel Booking Withdrawal Policy – Please inform Sunrise Events Inc. of your intention to withdraw in writing either by post or email not later than September 6, 2013.
Postal address: 6/F Corinthian Plaza, 121 Paseo de Roxas Street, 1203 Makati City, Philippines.
Email address: Philippines@5150.com
Note: Telephone and verbal messages will not be accepted
Hotel Booking Refund Policy – The withdrawing competitor will get a Forty Percent (40%) refund of the actual cost. However, no hotel booking refunds will be processed after September 6, 2013
- Participants who booked their accommodation in the event’s partner hotel (Kamana Sanctuary) will be entitled to free shuttle services from Kamana Sanctuary to SBECC and vice-versa, which will be available on a particular schedule.
- Those who booked with non-partner hotels are expected to take care of their own means of transportation when traveling to and from the race expo in SBECC.
- Participants who booked their accommodation in Kamana Sanctuary will no longer need to travel because the race’s start, transition and finish area are located within the hotel premises.
Top International Professional Triathletes Seeing Action
RACE REPORT AND COURSE DESCRIPTION
The 1.5 kilometer swim course will begin and end in Kamana Resort. The swim will be a two loop course following a triangular design. Each of the side of triangle will be 250 meters for a total of 750 meter per loop. The two loop design will excite veteran and beginner triathletes a like, since it will have a short beach run before completing the second loop. A beach entry and exit format will also be followed, adding to the variety in the swim course. The clockwise swim course will help participants navigate better in the calm waters of Kamana. Upon completing the two loops participants will head to the transition area to begin the bike leg of the event.
From the Kamana Resort, athletes will head up to the narrow roads of IDESS, the smooth paved roads is lined up with various vegetation with tall trees providing coverage. Exiting IDESS, participants will head down to one of the fastest portions of the race course, the Corregidor highway, which will test the bike handling skills of all athletes alike. A right turn in Zambales Highway takes the participants to the start of the loop portion of the bike course. Participants must complete two loops before heading back to the transition.
From Zambales Highway participants will race along smooth asphalt road, as they head to a short climb to Crown Peak, Cubi Point. They now head to Aparri road passing the Jest Camp which serves as landmark. This leads them to downhill road which will exit at the bottom of Aparri and make a left in Argonaut highway.
Participants will then head to NCT Road “New Container Terminal”, this coastal road will be enjoyed by athletes with its smooth and flat roads which they can pedal hard and increase their speed. At San Bernandino road, participants will pass through all hands beach and Dungaree beach. After the fast flat roads, participants will start their second loop. After completing the two loops, participants will head back to transition area in Kamana Resort via the long punishing climbs in Corregidor and entering the narrow roads of IDESS.
After negotiating the varying bike course terrain, athletes will now head to the run course. From Kamana Resort participants will head towards Illanin road (rainforest road) heading to Morong gate. This will be a long climb gradual climb all the way to the 5 kilometer mark and turn around point in Morong gate. From here, it will be a fast downhill run all the way to Kamana Resort up to the finish line.
Hydration and Transition
The Safeguard 5150 will follow the familiar single transition area, located in Kamana Resort. The transition area will house all of the bikes and run gear of the participants, and were all of the action will take place. Spectators won’t have to move from different venues and will just have to wait for the athletes, to complete their transition and crossing the finish line.
Hydration stations are strategically spread out in the race course, making sure all of the participants are well hydrated. From the swim exit up to the transition water and sports drinks will be available to everyone. In the bike course, hydrations stations will approximately be located in kilometer 11.70km, 22.70km and 31.40km. For the run course, hydration stations spaced apart around 1.5km to 2km. More than enough to cover all the hydration needs of the participants.