WHAT: Pinoy Fitness Sub-1 10K Challenge
WHEN: September 22 (Sunday)
WHERE: 9th Avenue Corner 34th Street
I am not a fast runner but I try to be as fast as I can be. I do not like complicated training programs more suited for elite athletes or those training under the strict guidance of a coach. So in order for me to up by some few minutes my 5K and 10K finishing times, I just do this very simple speed interval program I came across over the internet sometime during my first year of running and which I already forgot where precisely.
- 10 minutes easy jog for warm up
- 2 minutes super-duper hard run
- 1 minute super recovery slow jog or even walk
- Repeat 6-8 times
- 5 minutes cool down jog
Repeat at least once a week or in alternation with hill repeats.
From an initial 10K PR of 1:06, I was able to lower my finishing time to 56 minutes using this very simple speed interval training.
If you think you have the speed and the beauty for a sub 1 hour 10K time, this is undoubtedly a race for you.
On-Line: July 22 – August 30 at www.pepsquadevents.com
- Choose a pick-up point at any of our registration venues
- Claiming of race kits is from August 15 – September 15
- You may also have your race kit delivered subject to applicable charges
On-Site: August 15 – September 15 or while supplies last
- Pep Squad Events Office, Makati
- Reebok, Trinoma
- Reebok, Megamall
- Reebok, Festival Mall
- Fitness & Athletics, BGC
Registration Fee and Inclusions
Gravacious discount on Nathan hydration belts is accorded to the registrants!