NATGEO EARTH DAY RUN 2013
April 28, 2013
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
The NatGeo Earth Day Run is a running event which aims to promote the conservation and concern for our fragile environment. It is basically a fun run encouraging people to run for Mother Earth.
REGISTRATION SITES AND SCHEDULES
ONLINE: March 15 – April 20, 2013 at http://natgeorun.com
ON-GROUND: March 18 – April 20, 2013 at the
NatGeo Earth DayRun 2013 Registration Kiosk
Ground Floor – Greenbelt 3 Mall, in front of the Asics store
RACE CATEGORIES, REGISTRATION FEES AND INCLUSIONS
All 21K runners will receive Finisher’s Shirt.
ASSEMBLY TIME AND GUN START PER CATEGORY
EARTH-FRIENDLY RACE FEATURES
- Race kits to be used will be made out of recycled materials
- Registration will be paper-less and will utilize the biometrics system of registration
- Marshals on event day will not be using motorbikes but bikes
- Water bottles will be given as part of the NatGeo race kit to encourage runners to use it in lieu of paper/plastic cups. Hydration stations will be available in the entire route to refill each participant’s water bottle
- For each runner who registers for this event, 3 trees will be planted in his/her name
The NatGeo Earth Day Run 2013’s main objective is to encourage people to run for Mother Earth and help plant trees in the process. However, top finishers of the following categories will still be given due recognition and will be awarded for an outstanding finish:
3km Cherifer Premium
The Awarding Ceremony will be held at the NatGeo Earth Day Run 2013 Activity area on event day.
Baggage deposit tents will be available for all participants. To avoid delays, it is recommended that participants arrive earlier than the prescribed schedule to allot time for baggage deposit.
While the organizer assures safety and security of your belongings being entrusted to the baggage deposit tents, the organizers cannot be held liable for any loss or damage that may happen to your deposited items. Thus, it is advised that participants do not leave any valuable items inside the bags being deposited.
Hydration stations will be strategically placed along the entire route to provide:
- Summit Mineral Water
- Coco Fresh Natural Coconut Water
to the participants.
100 Plus Sports Drink will also be given away to the participants when they reach the finish line.
However, as this is a green race, each participant is encouraged to bring their water bottles (one will be provided as part of the race inclusion) as there will be no drinking cups to be provided in the hydration stations.
FIRST AID STATIONS
First aid stations will be available during the event. Aside from this, a mobile paramedic team will also be in place.